Log in

I forgot my password

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» we made the news
Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:45 pm by centralPA

» going over old times
Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:17 pm by Dirtbikepilot

» Hi I'm Blythe and new to this site
Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:20 pm by Dirtbikepilot

» Hi-Jacked Thread
Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:00 pm by Dirtbikepilot

» Never say die.
Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:54 am by Dirtbikepilot

» Peace and quiet.
Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:44 am by Dirtbikepilot

» Christmas cheer
Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:15 am by alexisio

» we lost the mayor race
Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:31 am by Dirtbikepilot

» Dear Diary
Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:45 am by alexisio

September 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930 

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


Faber: Allocate 25% to ‘Physical Precious Metals’

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Faber: Allocate 25% to ‘Physical Precious Metals’

Post by Dirtbikepilot on Thu May 03, 2012 12:37 am

As Mineweb‘s Lawrence Williams looks at the “puzzling” but “understandable” price patterns in gold, which he sees as increasingly resilient in the face of poor current fundamentals, Marc Faber, in a lengthy interview with Hard Assets Investor, says that he’s “telling every investor, in the long run, that central banks all over the world are going to print money because they know nothing else. The purchasing power of currencies will continue to go down. In other words, the price of gold and silver will move up in the long run.”

And asked what kind of portfolio allocation he would recommend for investors, Faber’s formula is “25 percent in equities, 25 percent in physical precious metals, 25 percent in Asian properties and 25 percent in corporate bonds, mostly emerging economies.”
avatar
Dirtbikepilot

Posts : 870
Join date : 2012-05-02
Location : Hunter Valley

View user profile http://www.hasbro.com/playskool/en_US/mrpotatohead/

Back to top Go down

Re: Faber: Allocate 25% to ‘Physical Precious Metals’

Post by Bulldog on Thu May 03, 2012 3:41 am

Dirtbikepilot wrote:As Mineweb‘s Lawrence Williams looks at the “puzzling” but “understandable” price patterns in gold, which he sees as increasingly resilient in the face of poor current fundamentals, Marc Faber, in a lengthy interview with Hard Assets Investor, says that he’s “telling every investor, in the long run, that central banks all over the world are going to print money because they know nothing else. The purchasing power of currencies will continue to go down. In other words, the price of gold and silver will move up in the long run.”

And asked what kind of portfolio allocation he would recommend for investors, Faber’s formula is “25 percent in equities, 25 percent in physical precious metals, 25 percent in Asian properties and 25 percent in corporate bonds, mostly emerging economies.”


I suppose they can't say anything less because at the end of the day they need a good portion of yours and my funds to continue in their line of work. If everyone went 100% silver/gold, things would come to halt right quick. Shocked
avatar
Bulldog

Posts : 611
Join date : 2012-05-02
Age : 68
Location : Perth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Faber: Allocate 25% to ‘Physical Precious Metals’

Post by alexisio on Thu May 03, 2012 4:37 am

this shit is going over my head ! Makes me feel like i am an airport woosh wooosh confused
avatar
alexisio

Posts : 761
Join date : 2012-05-02
Age : 26
Location : fraser coast qld

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Faber: Allocate 25% to ‘Physical Precious Metals’

Post by Bulldog on Thu May 03, 2012 5:26 am

alexisio wrote:this shit is going over my head ! Makes me feel like i am an airport woosh wooosh confused

Ok ! whats an airport woosh woosh?
avatar
Bulldog

Posts : 611
Join date : 2012-05-02
Age : 68
Location : Perth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Faber: Allocate 25% to ‘Physical Precious Metals’

Post by alexisio on Thu May 03, 2012 7:04 am

Its a ah ahhhh confused Embarassed Shocked An i thought you were the smart one.
avatar
alexisio

Posts : 761
Join date : 2012-05-02
Age : 26
Location : fraser coast qld

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Faber: Allocate 25% to ‘Physical Precious Metals’

Post by fukushima on Thu May 03, 2012 7:40 am

Dirtbikepilot wrote:
And asked what kind of portfolio allocation he would recommend for investors, Faber’s formula is “25 percent in equities, 25 percent in physical precious metals, 25 percent in Asian properties and 25 percent in corporate bonds, mostly emerging economies.”

Depending upon the purpose of your investment, most are for retirement, AND the economic climate:

30% precious metals - it doesn't have to be physical, pool allocated is good enough. 60% in gold, 30% in silver you can you what you want with the other 10% ie platinum or gold or silver. Of your gold holdings - half to be stored in a foreign country of good repute that also makes chocolate and good tennis players.

25% in cash although this is becoming less desirable as the % rate declines.

25% in property (why they would choose Asia is beyond me as you are not allowed to freehold in Asia).

10% bonds (Not treasury)

10% collectibles (numis or artwork) - but not jewellery.

fuku
avatar
fukushima

Posts : 189
Join date : 2012-05-03
Location : 昆士兰

View user profile http://www.iaea.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Faber: Allocate 25% to ‘Physical Precious Metals’

Post by Bulldog on Thu May 03, 2012 9:44 am

fukushima wrote:
Dirtbikepilot wrote:
And asked what kind of portfolio allocation he would recommend for investors, Faber’s formula is “25 percent in equities, 25 percent in physical precious metals, 25 percent in Asian properties and 25 percent in corporate bonds, mostly emerging economies.”

Depending upon the purpose of your investment, most are for retirement, AND the economic climate:

30% precious metals - it doesn't have to be physical, pool allocated is good enough. 60% in gold, 30% in silver you can you what you want with the other 10% ie platinum or gold or silver. Of your gold holdings - half to be stored in a foreign country of good repute that also makes chocolate and good tennis players.

25% in cash although this is becoming less desirable as the % rate declines.

25% in property (why they would choose Asia is beyond me as you are not allowed to freehold in Asia).

10% bonds (Not treasury)

10% collectibles (numis or artwork) - but not jewellery.

fuku


And a very nice looking FUKU to if I do say so.
avatar
Bulldog

Posts : 611
Join date : 2012-05-02
Age : 68
Location : Perth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Faber: Allocate 25% to ‘Physical Precious Metals’

Post by Dirtbikepilot on Thu May 03, 2012 9:46 am

Thankufor the fuku
avatar
Dirtbikepilot

Posts : 870
Join date : 2012-05-02
Location : Hunter Valley

View user profile http://www.hasbro.com/playskool/en_US/mrpotatohead/

Back to top Go down

Re: Faber: Allocate 25% to ‘Physical Precious Metals’

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum